Saturday, January 7, 2012

I am a condo owner, and my pool right are being denied. Where can I get help?

My HOA and a neighboring HOA share a community pool. 9 out of 10 pool committee members, including the pool director, are from the other HOA. The director is a bully and probably has some mental issues. There are several homeowners, including myself, that are not able to obtain pool access. There was a memo sent to all homeowners back in April or May that listed two dates to validate pool pes in person, and instructions for mailing them in for validation. I was unable to go in person so I mailed them to the PO box. According to the memo, I should have received them in two weeks. After 3.5 weeks, I contacted the person in my HOA that was on the pool committee, and she emailed the director asking her to send out my pes right away. After 10 days, and no pool pes, I called her again, and she told me that the director said she never got the pes in the mail. She also told me that others in the community are having the same problem. She said the director said that if we really wanted to use the pool, we should have come in person on the dates listed on the memo, and since we didn't, as far as she is concerned, we didn't have a right to use the pool. She also said that she doesn't want our HOA to have use of the pool. She does not own the pool, and I have pool rights according to my bylaws. If I re-apply, like others have, I will wait two weeks to find out that she never received my application. She is a liar. What should I do? My seven year old is so sad. She loves the pool, and asks me everyday "Can we go to the pool today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment